c. 1940 – c. November 1952
Engineer Arthur G. Pedder
In the spring of 1940, Plant Engineer Pedder submitted letters requesting various redecorating projects be completed in the Engineer's apartment.
(See Nat'l Archives - RG73; Vol.22; File 6-A-1; Vol.2) A letter dated Nov. 30, 1952 showed that the Engineer's Quarters were vacant during Nov. 1952. (See Nat'l Archives - RG73; Vol.22; File 6-A-1; Vol.3). This seems to prove that Engineer's apartments were now a thing of the past. After that date, the house was entirely occupied by various administration offices of the penitentiary. The Accountants, Personnel and Medical records offices were in the former Engineer's quarters. The Warden's offices remained in the front section. The Correctional Service of Canada Museum relocated to two rooms on the East side of the first floor in May of 1985. The museum has grown to become the sole occupant of the house today.