April 15, 1936 – c. May 1939
Engineer T. Nixon
As early as August of 1934, plans were being discussed to turn the rear portion of the administration building into a Plant Engineer's apartment in order that this officer would be on-site at all times in case of emergency.
Extensive renovations took place during 1935. The Engineer's apartment consisted of the rear portions of the house, while the front portions were used as the administration offices. A letter dated April 16, 1936 advised that Engineer L. Nixon had occupied the quarters the previous day (April 15). (See Nat'l Archives - RG73; Vol.22; File 6-A-1; Vol.2)